Thursday, June 11, 2015

Surgery

After things calmed down a little bit I rescheduled surgery for January 15 of 2015. I had to drive all the way to Avista the day before to have a pre op appointment with my doctor. At this time I also had to pay the rest of my deductible in order to have the surgery. The cost at this appointment was $690.00.

Sunrise Mom and I got to see from my room at Avista
Since Johnny was busy at work and didn't have any PTO available we decided that it would be best that he go to work and have my mom take me to surgery so he didn't loose out on a day worth of pay. I had to be at the hospital at 6:30 in the morning for check in. They got me all settled in and had me sign some consent forms. The anesthesiologist came in and gave me the "happy juice" and the doctors wheeled me back to the OR room. I remember getting very nauseous while they transferred me onto the operating table. I threw up a few times so they had to give me anti nausea meds and then I was out. I woke up about an hour later and they said that everything went well. They cut a small incision in my belly button for the camera and also went in vaginally to remove the polyp. I was put on bed rest for the remainder of the day and my mom had to stay with me until Johnny got home from work. The next few days I had to take it easy as I was still very sore in the stomach area. I was able to return to work after a long weekend. I received a couple of bills in relation to the surgery that totaled, $885.00.

I went back to have a follow up and a regroup with the doctor on February 3. They wanted to check and make sure that everything looked good after the surgery  Doctor went down to check and said "It looks like a great home for a baby for 9 months". That was the news we were hoping for and now we could move forward with the IVF. The cost of this appointment was $115.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment