Saturday, June 27, 2015

Suppression Check and Labs

On June 13th I stopped taking my birth control pills. I also scheduled my first appointment back with CCRM after officially starting the IVF. My appointment was on Thursday June 18th at 7:30am. Johnny did not come with me to this appointment because they were just checking on me and he didn't need to be there. The reason for this appointment was to do an ultrasound checking to make sure no cysts formed on my ovaries and checking on the follicles that are forming. Good News!! No cysts and my ovaries look wonderful and there are lots of follicles in them, which mean lots of eggs!! The biggest follicle was 9mm in my left ovary. I also had labs drawn to check my progesterone and FSH levels.

Johnny also got a call that day to inform him that he needed to have his extraction procedure with TUCC paid in full by the 23rd. The total for this was $2200.00

I got a call mid afternoon to give me my results and the blood results were good and I got the OK to start my medication. I started the daily injections on Friday the 19th. I had to take one shot of Menopur in the morning, one shot of Follistim in the evening, and a pill of Dexamethasone at bed time. The shots had to be 12 hours apart so I chose to do 8:00 am and 8:00 pm, so its not too early in the morning or too late at night. I was already super nervous to give myself these shots in my stomach in the first place and it didn't help that the morning medication burned really bad as it went in!

Just some info on medications. Menopur is a medication that stimulate ovulation, Follistim is a medication that contains FSH that helps stimulate the ovaries to produce eggs, and Dexamethasone is a steroid.

Here is an idea of what my morning and nights look like........

Morning shot of Menopur

Evening Shot of Follistim


No comments:

Post a Comment