Sunday, June 21, 2015

Birth Control - Payment - Medications

So because this process has so many details I decided to get a journal and also a few apps on my phone to help me keep all of my appointments, finances, and medications in order. It also gives some short passages to help you keep calm and what to expect with each activity.



The first step in the IVF process is the pre-cycle. During this first step your body is being prepared for treatment. Each persons body is different and therefore this step can take a few weeks to a month.

I started my cycle on May 23rd. I had to start on birth control on my day 3 of this cycle. Yes I know what you are thinking, "Why would you take birth control if you are trying to get pregnant". But this is protocol for most IVF cycles. Birth control helps your ovaries respond better to the stimulation meds and also control  your cycle. I started the birth control on May 25th.

I also take a prenatal vitamin each day.

My body has not had any sort of birth control for over 10 years so it really made me react to it. I had a lot less energy, some days I had no appetite and others I wanted to just eat all day. I also had some body acne that I could of done without especially since it was while the weather was warm and tank tops were my thing :/ I don't think that I was too moody but maybe Johnny would say different LOL

I mailed our checks on May 26th to pay for our IVF procedure. These were the largest checks that I have ever written. It was so exciting to send these out because that means we were one step closer to a baby. But man oh man that was a lot of money to send out in one day. :)



I starting calling all of the pharmacies that were on the list I was given to do price shopping for the medications. I am all about saving money no matter how much it is. I called each pharmacy and created a excel spreadsheet so that it would be easier for me to keep track and compare each pharmacies prices. It was very in detail because each pharmacy has different programs, and discount coupons for each medication. After two days of research I chose which pharmacies I wanted all my medications from and sent the list to my nurse. She sent the prescriptions to all of the pharmacies and I waited for them to call and confirm. In total my medications cost me $2,875.00.
The meds list and spreadsheets I made

June 12th all but one of my medications came to my front door! The other med I will have to get from a local pharmacy when I am instructed to. Yippie!! I cannot start them until my doctor gives me the OK, so I will update you when I get started.



No comments:

Post a Comment