Monday, May 2, 2016

Nursery Project

Even before I was pregnant I knew that if I had a boy I wanted a sports theme nursery. So once we found out we were gunna have a litter mister we began shopping right away. I wanted to more of a vintage type sports but that turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought.

I found the crib and dresser that I wanted right before Thanksgiving. I saw that Target was having a sale on the dresser so I bought that right away and then Target had a special that if I spent 75.00 on  Black Friday that I would get a coupon to save 20% on a future purchase. So I went ahead and made a trip to Target and got some necessity stuff so I could get the coupon. Well when it was time to use the coupon the crib that we wanted had got out of stock. Go figure. So I waited and waited and waited and it still never came back in stock. We found out through the manufacture that it was on back order until March. I decided that I would wait it out. Well then it got to be beginning of Feb and I started to freak out so I changed up what crib I wanted and we got that order (thanks to Grandma).

I changed out the knobs on the dresser so that it would match the sports theme. Our friend Reilyn made an awesome growth chart with the sports decals on it. And Johnny and Sean put up a floating shelf for accent pieces.

We set up the crib so that we could get a better idea on placement for the letters to spell out little mans name. They of course had to be hand painted first. ;)


I really wanted a glider chair but did not want to spend 600+ on one that was comfy and that matched the room so I found one on a local site and just threw a throw blanket over it for the time being and called it good.
Reilyn also helped us by hand painting each of the balls that became the side table. It turned out awesome. :) (It needs a little touch up paint still but I love it)


I got a couple of wall decorations and a cube stand to hold all of the extra stuff, and that completes the nursery.


I love it and I hope that as our little man gets older he will love it just as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment