Friday, March 11, 2016

My Pregnancy

Well I haven't blogged in awhile so I thought that I would take some time to share a little bit about how my pregnancy has been going. To be honest I can't really complain about much. In the beginning I had some issues with the rash but I think it was all from the medications I was pumping in my body. At 7 weeks I would throw up if I ate avocados or guacamole. I was super sad about this because I LOVE both. That finally went away after a few weeks thankfully. The main cravings that I had were anything and everything sweet. I really liked life saver gummies. :)  The first trimester went by super fast. I don't think I really got a bump until I was about 10 weeks, and even then I just looked like I was really bloated.




 The second trimester definitely drug out I felt like. We took a baby moon in Novemeber. We had a nice time and enjoyed the time just the two of us. Nevaeh wouldn't come because we went on a cruise and she is afraid of cruising. We think she is crazy!!  I think the only thing that I had was really really bad heartburn and super bad headaches. The weird part was is that I got heartburn when I was hungry. I got medication for the headaches and by the time I was 16 weeks I found that I was having fewer and fewer. We had our anatomy scan done on the 18th of December and brought Nevaeh and my mom. We all got to see the growing mister and Nevaeh loved that she could see her brothers hand or face on the ultrasound. She didn't really like when they did the double check on the gender. It was pretty funny.


December 26th I felt movement for the first time. I can't say if it was a kick or a punch but it was something cool for sure. By the time I was 24 weeks I was able to feel movement all the time. My new candy craving had become Mike and Ike's. Oh and Ice chips. I just couldn't get enough ice I felt like. This was a little bit concerning just because they say you crave Ice when you are anemic. But I got tested and everything was fine. The heartburn was definitely more and more. I was taking Zantac at least once a day and sometimes twice a day. Usually I would have to take it right before bed or I would be woke up by it. Not fun at all but if that's the worst I have then I am fine.
















February 12th I had to go and take my one hour glucose test. I was kinda nervous about this because of all the horror stories of how horrible the drink was. Personally I didn't think it was that terrible, The worst part was having to drink it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I passed that with flying colors. The same day we were able to go with family to do our 3D ultrasound. It was really cool to see the facial features of our little guy. We have determined by these photos that he will look just like his daddy.



We are now in the 3rd trimester. Starting to freak out a little. We have officially started to tackle the nursery project but time is flying by for sure. We have lots of things to do before we are ready for little man to make his debut. We cant wait to meet him that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. It's been quite a journey for you and Johnny. You look so cute being prego. We will be in Denver in August. Hope we can meet the little fella. Won't be long now. God's Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that would be awesome. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete