Monday, July 6, 2015

Appointment Check In

On Monday June 22 I went in for my first Lab and Ultrasound appointment after starting the medication. They were checking to see how well my follicles were responding to the stimulation medication. After the ultrasound the nurse told me that in my right ovary there are about 30 active follicles and the largest is 11 mm, and in my left there are about 20 active and the largest is 13 mm. Things are looking great from the ultrasound and I need to increase my salt intake a little to make me thirsty and also drink lots and lots of water or Gatorade.

Later in the afternoon the nurse called and let me know what doses take for the next couple of days. I have to add an additional injection of Cetrotide to my morning routine. Cetrotide is a medicine that helps prevent early ovulation. It blocks the hormone that causes the eggs to be released.

So just imagine all of these follicles growing in my ovaries and them not being able to release... lets just say I was over bloated!

Menopur and Cetrotide


The aftermath of the Cetrotide injection

Tuesday the 23rd I had to go in for my IVF Physical. This was just to go over some consent forms, check in with my height, weight, lungs, and the whole nine yards. Johnny also got his extraction paid for so we should be all good to go for the procedures when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment