Thursday, November 30, 2017

Starting the FET meds

So when our nurse gave us our "mock up" calendar she also gave us our estimated transfer date. Like before this date is just an estimate. As long as my body follows the schedule they have then this will be a set day but we wont know for sure just yet. 

I started on my 10 units of Lupron injections on 11/9. Lupron overstimulates the body's own production of the usual hormone exchange that cause follicle production and ovulation.

 I will continue the 10 units every day. I havent had to take any injections for a while so after the first one I instantly remember how bad it made my stomach burn and would turn red immediatly. The last time this medication made me have outrageous hot flashes and wicked headaches, and sure enough those lovely headaches were back. I didnt have those hot flashes like I did the last time. Which was definetly a good thing. 

That same day I received an email from a lady at the buisness office reminding me that we needed to get our payment in no later than 2 weeks before our scheduled transfer date. We had to make two seperate payments. One to CCRM for $2830.00 and one to the FLC (Fertility labs of Colorado) for $3516.00. 

I sent a check in email to my nurse just to make sure that I was doing all that I should be doing. We havent had much contact so I felt like I may not be doing something right. I got the response back and everything is right on target. I started on my second pack of birth control on November 11th and continued taking that until the 13th. Yep, had to get a whole new pack of birth control to take 3 pills out of it. Now I just continue my lupron injections and wait until my cycle comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment